Recycled Art Competition
Create beautiful art from discarded materials.
Residents of Shelby Township and neighboring communities are invited to participate in our friendly competition to promote recycling and "green" living. Instead of tossing away single-use, everyday items, we want you to think creatively on how to reuse them for beauty and new purpose.
Shelby Township Art Fair
52700 Van Dyke Ave., Shelby Township
Aug. 10 & 11, 2019
First Place - $75
Second Place - $50
Third Place - $25
Fourth Place - $15
Fifth Place - $10
Sponsor-provided prizes will be awarded to winners in each category:
Youth - 12 & Under
Teen - 13-17
Adult - 18 & Up
RULES & INFORMATION
• All entries must be “family friendly” and be made entirely of recycled items, with the exception of glue, tape, nails, paint, etc.
• Tabletop pieces must measure no larger than 2.5’ deep by 3’ wide by 3’ tall. Any pieces larger than 3’ tall will be placed on the grass.
• One entry permitted per person.
• For planning purposes the following must be submitted to the Parks, Recreation and Maintenance Department (PRM) by Aug. 6:
1) A completed entry form with a photo of the completed piece
2) An information card (approx. 3” x 5”) listing the entry title, a list of recycled materials used, and other comments.
• Drop off pieces at the PRM on Friday, Aug. 9 before 5 p.m. or deliver to the Municipal Grounds by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday to be exhibited and voted on at the Shelby Township Art Fair on Aug. 10 and 11.
• Winners will be chosen by ballot completed by fairgoers and awarded on Sunday afternoon at 3:30 p.m.
• All entries must be picked up Sunday from 4-5 p.m., or before Aug. 16 at the PRM building. Any entries not picked up by Aug. 16 will be discarded
Questions? Call the Parks, Recreation and Maintenance Department at 586-731-0300
ENTRY FORM - Download HERE