Shelby Township COVID-19 response policies
Shelby Township offices are open to serve you with limited public access to township facilities.
The Shelby Township Municipal Offices are open with the following restrictions:
- There will be no more than 16 visitors allowed in the building at one time, with no more than 3 visiting a single department at once.
- Entry to the building is only allowed via the North Entrance, located at the circle drive. There is a handicap accessible ramp at this location.
- Township employees and visitors must complete a COVID-19 health screening questionnaire with the door greeter each day that they enter our facilities.
- Visitors will only be allowed to visit one department at a time, and must check in with the greeter again before transferring departments.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by visitors at all times while in the building. These must cover both the user’s mouth and nose. Visitors not wearing a mask or face covering will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Visitors must check out with greeter and leave through the North Entrance after all business is complete.
Many tasks can be handled online, over the phone or through one of the township’s drop boxes. For a list of available online services, visit shelbytwp.org/online_services or call a department 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday, and our staff will walk you through the best, safest way to conduct business.
These measures help us comply with the governor’s executive orders and minimize face-to-face interactions to keep our staff and community safer and slow the spread of COVID-19. For more information, visit shelbytwp.org/COVID-19. Residents can also email township staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions.
The Shelby Township Fire Department and the Shelby Township Police Department are responding to emergency calls. Please use discretion when seeking emergency services.
Trash pick-up will continue regularly on scheduled pick-up days, and the Department of Public Works is responding to all calls. Please call 586-731-5990 concerning DPW business and dial 844-464-3587 to reach GFL Environmental for calls concerning trash pick-up.
The Building Department is asking the community to adhere to Best Practice Guidelines for the Construction Industry set forth by the Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Opportunity.
As we work together to combat the spread of COVID-19, please maintain social distancing in our parks. To help facilitate this, we’ve closed some amenities such as playgrounds and active recreation sites such as basketball and volleyball courts. For more information on the Parks, Recreation and Maintenance Department's re-opening schedule visit shelbytwp.org/parks.
The 41 A District Court remains open for all essential matters during this time. The court is adjourning all but essential issues as there will be limited in-person assistance at the front counter. Make payments via the court's dropbox or online. Closures for the 41 A District Court are set by the State of Michigan’s Court Administrator. For more information on the court’s hours and access, please call the court at 586-739-7325.
Visit shelbytwp.org/local_government for a department directory. Information is also regularly updated at shelbytwp.org/covid-19.
Letter from Township Supervisor Rick Stathakis regarding "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order