Parks, Recreation and Maintenance
The range provides a great way to enjoy the outdoors in beautiful River Bends Park and sharpen your skills. Bring your own thrower and clay targets for the trap range.
Daily range passes are available for $6 per day, per shooter. Senior and junior daily range passes are $4 per day, per shooter for shooters ages 65 and older and under the age of 15. Junior shooters must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Annual Range Card fees are $40 per year, per shooter, and Annual Range Cards for senior and junior shooters are $30 per year, per shooter.
Bales are available at the archery range, but archers should bring their own paper targets. The range will close on major holidays and in extreme weather. Eye and Ear Protection is required and is available for purchase at the Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center. The Range is currently open for summer hours from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. or dusk, whichever is earlier.
River Bends Park Archery and Trap Range
4863 River Bends Drive
Shelby Township, MI 48317
Hours of Operation: summer hours until Dec. 31: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. or dusk, whichever is earlier, Thursday - Sunday
January and February: 9 a.m. to dusk, weekends only
River Bends Park Archery and Trap Range General Rules:
- Use of the shooting range is limited to posted hours of operation only.
- Spectators are prohibited on the firing line of designated shooting ranges.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at Archery and Trap Ranges.
- All patrons are required to have ear and eye protection at all times.
- No hunting or trespassing at any time.
- All patrons should dispose of litter in approved containers.
- No dumping is allowed at any time.
- All shotguns must have an overall length of 26 inches or more.
- Shotguns and flying clay targets only on the trap range.
- A maximum of two shells total allowed in a shotgun at a time.
- No broadheads allowed- approved targets only are to be used on the archery range
- Use of pistols or BB guns is strictly prohibited.