Home » COVID-19
Operating under the "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order, effective midnight March 24, the Charter Township of Shelby closed Township Hall and all associated buildings until April 13. Residents may still call any township department to leave a voicemail message. Appropriate personnel will return calls as soon as possible. Residents can also email township staff at firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions.
The Shelby Township Fire Department and the Shelby Township Police Department are responding to emergency calls. Please use discretion when seeking emergency services.
Trash pick-up will continue regularly on scheduled pick-up days, and the Department of Public Works is responding to emergency calls such as water main breaks and sanitary sewer back-ups. Please call 586-731-5990 to leave a voicemail concerning DPW business and dial 911 for emergencies.
All Shelby Township parks are open. Playgrounds and active sports areas such as basketball and volleyball courts remain closed until April 14.
The Building Department suspended all inspections until April 14. Inspections requested before 4 p.m. March 23 will be automatically scheduled for April 14 unless the "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order is extended.
The 41 A District Court remains open for all essential matters during this time. The court is adjourning all but essential issues as there will be limited in-person assistance at the front counter. Make payments via the court's dropbox or online. Closures for the 41 A District Court are set by the State of Michigan’s Court Administrator. For more information on the court’s hours and access, please call the court at 586-739-7325.
Visit shelbytwp.org/local_government for a department directory. Information is also regularly updated at shelbytwp.org/covid-19.
Letter from Township Supervisor Rick Stathakis regarding "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order
Things To Know:
- The 41 A District Court remains open for all essential matters
- We do not anticipate any interruption of service for GFL Environmental Services at this time
If residents have a situation that can be resolved over the phone by speaking with a police officer, we urge them to call 586-731-2121.
- Trash pick-up will continue on normally scheduled pick-up days, and the Department of Public Works is responding to emergency calls such as water main breaks and sanitary sewer back-ups. Please call 586-731-5990 for all DPW related emergencies
- The township has several ways residents can digitally transact business at shelbytwp.org/online_services
Macomb County Health Department: 586-463-3750
COVID-19 Testing: Contact primary care provider
Nonemergency Number: 586-731-2121
Do not call 911 for:
- Questions about Coronavirus
- Questions about where to get tested
- If you are experiencing mild symptoms like low fever or cough
Who should you call?
- Your primary care physician
- Macomb County Health Department
Visit Macomb County Health Department website for information.
Only call 911 for emergencies, if you are having trouble breathing or experiencing a high fever and need EMS.