Frequently Asked Questions
• Are these “Smart Meters”?
No meters will be replaced as a result of this change out. The program is only to replace the remotes on the outside of the house.
• Do they cause microwave damage?
Neptune Technology Group has provided technical information that indicated the R-900 remotes follow all federal requirements for radio transmissions.
• What is the manufacturers’ liability?
Neptune Technology Group will provide their standard warranty.
• Who is the provider?
Ferguson Waterworks is the sole provider of Neptune products in the state of Michigan. RFP’s were sought and Ferguson provided the only submittal.
• Is there an opt-out option?
An opt-out option is available.
• I have privacy concerns. Can it see my water usage?
The existing water meters cannot indicate when water is being used in real time. It can only give a cumulative read.
• What is the accuracy of reads?
There is no change in the accuracy of reads because we are still using the existing meter. The R-900 is just a device to retrieve the read from the meter.