2019 Shelby Township Independence Day Photo Contest
Think you can capture the spirit of the 2019 Shelby Township Independence Day Festivities on July 3?
We’re looking for everything from firework snap shots to food truck feasts. We want to see what you think was the best part of our Independence Day event!
This contest’s purpose is to showcase the spirit of the 2019 Shelby Township’s Independence Day events and attendees. Any submitted images should reflect the essence of the day including, but not limited to: fireworks, red, white and blue, American flags, the food truck rally, the Packard Proving Grounds Fireworks Festival, meals, lifestyle, and any other aspects of the day’s events.
Three finalists will be chosen by our panel of judges and then posted on our Facebook page for the community to vote for the winner!
The top three participants will be honored at the 2019 Art Fair and recognized by the Township. In addition, all selected photos will be featured in marketing materials distributed by the Township such as Branching Out, the Fountain, as well as social media and our website.
We are inviting all attendees to submit their best photos for this contest, not just professionals!
Please call the supervisor's office at (586) 731-5154 if you have any questions.
|Photo Contest Guidelines|
|Please read the following before submitting a contest entry. The following outlines the event and what will be required of all those who enter the contest.|
GENERAL INFORMATION: Sponsored by the Shelby Township Downtown Development Authority (DDA), this photo contest is open to all participants of every level of expertise! We want you to capture the spirit of the event and reflect the experience you had. Images should capture events from the Food Truck Rally, Fireworks show, the Packard Proving Ground Independence Day Festival, etc.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Entries may be submitted beginning July 3, 2019 at 12:01 AM through July 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
2. All entries must be submitted through this form. Photos may be sent via email to email@example.com.
3. Entries will be uploaded onto the Shelby Twp DDA Facebook Page in the 2019 Independence Day Photo Contest photo album on July 11, 2019.
4. Voting will continue through July 20, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
5. A winner will be determined and announced on July 21, 2019.
6. All submitted images shall be in a tasteful atmosphere.
JUDGING AND AWARDS:
1. There will be one (1) category: Independence Day
2. Judges will choose their top three favorite photos. These photos will then be posted in a poll on the Shelby Township DDA Facebook Page for the community to pick their favorite.
3. The winner will be notified on July 21, 2019 by email.
4. The winning photo will be printed and used in promotional material for next year’s event and exhibited all around the township.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / GUIDELINES:
1. By submitting an entry, the photographer affirms that it was taken in/of the Shelby Township Independence Day events.
2. Entries must be taken by the photographer.
3. Limit two photo entries per person.
4. The contest is intended for amateur and professional photographers.
5. By submitting entries the photographer is granting perpetual rights to the Shelby Township DDA and Shelby Township to use the submitted images without compensation. Reasonable attempt will be made to credit the photographer. The photographer retains their copyright for other uses.
6. Shelby Township takes no responsibility for incorrectly entered entries.
7. Any entry deemed ineligible, at the sole discretion of the judges, will be disqualified.
8. By submitting an entry. the photographer agrees to abide by all contest rules, and waives all claims of any kind against the organizers and judges of the contest.