Shelby Township Gardeners Club
Founded in 1971
President, Lois Hayward
First Vice President, Louise Hunt
Second Vice President, Linda Pelloni
Secretary, Anjali Gogate
Treasurer, Mary Ellen Hale
(From left to right) Mary Ellen Hale, Anjali Gogate,
Linda Pelloni, Louise Hunt, & Lois Hayward.
The purpose of the Shelby Gardeners Club (SGC) shall be:
- To promote interest and knowledge for our members and the community in gardening, flower arrangement and ecology.
- To aid in the protection of native plants, trees, and wildlife.
- To encourage civic planting, beautification and friendship as a means of setting a positive example in our community.
- We shall support recycling projects and give recognition to businesses and local residents who also share these goals.
The Shelby Gardeners Club Brings Color and Life to the Winter Season
Shelby residents are invited to enjoy the Heritage Gardens with family and friends this season! View the evergreen pots bordering the winter walkway and the gardens in their winter glory. The Shelby Gardeners’ Club voluntarily maintains the township gardens all year round for the commmunity’s visual enjoyment.
Educational Seminars and Events
No registration or reservation required.
- April 14, 2016 "Attracting Bees and Maintaining Beehives" with Beekeepers Mary Jo Showalter and Joanne Gartner
The Community Presentation lineup may be subject to change.
For further information, contact: Ivy Schwartz, Publicity, (586) 873-3782
Happy Birthday Gertrude Mueller!
Dedicated member Gertrude Mueller has been with the
Shelby Gardeners Club since its inception 45 years ago.
She recently celebrated her 90th birthday with
club members, friends, and of course, lots of flowers!
Shelby Gardeners Bi-Annual Garden Walk 2016
Mark your calendar for the bi-annual Shelby Garden Walk on Saturday, July 16, 2016. Six wonderful gardens have been chosen for metro Detroit's viewing pleasure. Refer to the spring issue of Shelby News Worth Knowing or this website for updated ticket information. In the meantime, feel free to contact Karen McCuen (586) 786-0816 regarding the garden walk.
Linda Wojtowicz at (586) 781-8361