River Bends Archery/Trap Range
River Bends Park
-The Range will CLOSE on Major Holidays and in Extreme Weather-
We offer an outdoor shooting range for shotguns, compound, long, and recurve bows.
This is a great way to enjoy the outdoors in beautiful River Bends Park and sharpen your skills. Bring your own thrower and clay targets for the Trap Range. Bales are available at the Archery Range, but archers should bring their own paper targets.
|The Range is Currently:
Operating NORMAL WINTER HOURS
9AM-8PM or Dusk
(Whichever is EARLIER)
**Eye and Ear Protection are offered for purchase at the Burgess-Shadbush Nature Center**
The Nature Center is open Wednesday-Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm
(Annual Permits are purchased for a CALENDAR Year)
See Onsite Range Officer for all permit purchases.
Hours of Operation
(The Range will CLOSE at Dusk if it falls earlier than 8pm)
March 1st through December 31st
Thursday - Sunday
January & February
River Bends Park Shooting Range
- *Use of the shooting range is limited to posted hours of operation only.
- *Spectators are prohibited on the firing line of designated shooting ranges.
- *Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at Archery and Trap Ranges.
- *All patrons are required to have ear and eye protection at all times.
- *NO Hunting or Trespassing at any time!
- *All patrons should dispose of litter in approved containers.
- *No dumping is allowed at any time.
- *All shotguns must have an overall length of 26 inches or more.
*Shotguns and Flying Clay Targets ONLY on the Trap Range.
*A maximum of 2 shells total allowed in a Shotgun at a time.
*No Broadheads allowed- Approved Targets ONLY are to be used on the Archery Range.
*Use of pistols or BB guns is strictly prohibited.